Monday 5 October 2009

Scream for Me, Karen Rose

This was the first Karen Rose book I read, and I actually read them out of order because I should have read Die for Me first. However, even though the there were some references to Die For Me it didnt actually make any difference to reading this book, and it certainly didnt affect the enjoyment of it.

I didnt think I'd be able to find an author that could equal John Connolly but Karen Rose certainly does that. The book is perfectly paced and well written, it is one of those books were you think to yourself 'I'll just read one more chapter' and suddenly you find its 3am and you have work in four hours. The characters are believable and this allows the reader to invest in the character and sympathise/believe in them.

As succinctly as possible the plot revolves around Daniel Vartanian, a detective who tries to solve a murder from 13 yrs previous, which is somehow connected to his brother Simon.

Without giving too much away, his search leads him to connect up with Alex Fallon (female) who is also connected to the murder, but is also in danger.

To get the most out of this book I would suggest reading the books in order, because whilst it didnt spoil the enjoyment, when I eventually read the first book it did lead to a couple of 'now it makes sense' moments. But for anyone who likes crime/thiller novels then this is a great book, and Karen Rose is an excellent author.

No comments:

Post a Comment